Career opportunities: Service Writer, Detailer, Collision Repair Technician, Refinish Technician, Parts Manager, and Parts Estimator.
The high-demand auto collision repair field will teach students that enjoy working with their hands, that take pride in their work and that are passionate about cars to complete minor to extensive body repair work on a variety of vehicles. Repairing a damaged vehicle is a fascinating mixture of art and science combined with the use of specialized equipment and the skills of the technician. Students will learn welding, auto detailing, basic metal straightening, metal filing, sanding, refinishing, glass replacement, refinishing trim and hardware, and removing and replacing parts. Students also work on customizing vehicles and paint.
What You'll Learn
- Repair metal, refinish, remove, and replace body parts.
- Basic custom painting and air brushing.
- Cost estimating, body filler applications, and body and frame construction.
- Apply automotive finishes.
- Repair dents, construct panels for patching, replace body sheet metal parts, bumpers and grilles.