The Construction Technology lab is a NCCER
(National Center for Construction Education and Research)
accredited training and education facility.
Students in the Construction Technology program can arm themselves for success as they learn various aspects of residential and industrial construction, and gain exposure to a number of trade areas. Students will complete projects in the lab and on/off campus job sites as they learn marketable building skills. Students will experience the fields of masonry, concrete, carpentry, electricity, and plumbing and get an introduction to heavy equipment operation. They will use hand and power tools that are used in the construction industry to work with wood, metal, plastic, and concrete.
What You'll Learn
- Layout and roughing in of a house.
- Wiring and plumbing a house to code.
- Learn masonry foundation and concrete work.
- Hang drywall and learn finish carpentry.
- Hang windows and doors.
- Learn the safe and proper use of hand and power tools.
- Learn painting techniques.
- Learn about roof structures.