Computers are an integral part of everyday life, used at home, in the workplace, and at schools. This computer usage has created a high demand for specialists to provide advice to users, as well as day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks. In the ITA lab students will be given an opportunity to practice new skills by building computers, wiring networks, and installing and configuring workstations, and servers. Students will learn how to maintain a network, troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning computers, upgrade systems and install software.
What You'll Learn
- How technology is utilized in the development, storage, and creation of information.
- Evaluate current technology trends in the business sector.
- Technology troubleshooting.
- Implementation of emerging information technologies.
- Efficient design of user-friendly technologies.
- The importance of information security.