Students will study anatomy and physiology, diseases and treatments, medical terminology, workplace skills, and safety skills.
There is a great demand for health care workers in the United States. The Health Academy career path at the CCCTC offers students a unique introduction into the field of health care. It will also better prepare students for success as they further their postsecondary education. Students will learn to take vital signs, perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer medications. Students will learn entry level nursing skills such as bed making, personal care, and infection control. The need for competent and knowledgeable individuals within the health care field continues to grow as the population ages.
What You'll Learn
- Complete Nurse Aid Certification (STNA).
- Perform EKGs (electrocardiograms).
- Draw blood and run common blood tests (phlebotomy).
- The functionality of the human body.
- Medical terminology.
- Obtain CPR and First Aid Certification.