The Columbiana County Career & Technical Center Adult Education Department maintains an “open admission” policy that states any person 18 years or older who can provide physical proof of a high school diploma or GED certificate issued by the appropriate state education agency may enroll in an adult education program or course. Every full time registered student is required by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the Columbiana County Career and Technical Center Board of Education to sit for a WorkKeys entrance assessment to validate the student’s current level and appropriate placement for his/her training program of choice. Such scores are used for advisement regarding selected program and as an indicator for probable success in the program. All students must score a minimum of 3 in all three assessment content areas or attend remediation and re-test prior to starting a program. Some programs are considered selective admission and may have additional entrance benchmarks and/or admission requirements,
All students are required to:
- Attend a scheduled orientation and receive a packet containing program information, sources of financial assistance and information about the pre-admission requirements.
- Complete and pass the required Workkeys entrance assessment at the scores level needed for your particular program choice.
- Meet with the financial aid coordinator and receive a cost of attendance.
- Arrange for an high school transcript to be forwarded to the school or give evidence of graduation from high school or GED by presenting a diploma/certificate. The high school diploma validity will be evaluated based on the FAFSA information, acceptable documentation submitted and/or inquiries to the State as needed.
- Submit all completed forms, including the Registration form and any required financial arrangement documents. Payment of payments arrangements must be in place by the first day of classes.
- Registration is complete only when all required forms and documents have been completed and turned in to the office along with any required down payment or first payment for the program.
Applicants without a high school diploma or GED test certificate are encouraged to participate in ASPIRE and/or GED test preparation or high school credit program. Upon successful completion of the GED test certification, applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
The completed file of each applicant will be reviewed. Applicants qualified for the program of choice will be granted admission and will be placed on the list for admission to the next available class according to the date the file is completed. Falsification of any student information submitted will be grounds for student termination.
Non Discrimination Policy/Equal Opportunities
The Columbiana County Career and Technical Center is an equal opportunity educational institution. CCCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
CCCTC Adult Education is centrally located and easily accessible on State Route 45 in Lisbon, Ohio. The school earned the designation of Adult Full Service Center from the Ohio Department of Education in 1987. The Center is a multi- purpose facility located at 9364 State Route 45. CCCTC provides educational opportunities for employment of individuals, and promotes education as the crucial link between the needs of community employers and area adults.
Transfer of Credits
Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits among Ohio's public colleges and universities and equitable treatment in the application of credits to admissions and degree requirements. CCCTC Adult Education college credit saves students money and time.